Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chicken Feet At Dim Sum


My friend Winston very generously treated me to Dim Sum recently for my birthday at a local restaurant. We went to Wonder Seafood Restaurant in Edison, New Jersey and it was an absolute treat!

Their menu was vast and I could tell it was a good joint because it was packed with Chinese people. Note: I have a theory that an ethnic restaurant is authentic when you see more ethnic people than non-ethnic. For example, if an Indian restaurant doesn't have any Indian people, chances are you're not getting authentic food.

Anyways, we sampled a variety of dishes ranging from shu-mai, dumpling and turnip cakes to an eggplant dish and chicken feet.

Yes, chicken feet.
I'm not one to experiment with my food so it took me the entire meal to muster the courage to eat one piece.

My thoughts? It was surprisingly good, but that doesn't make up for the fact that I was psychologically disturbed that I was eating feet. Not to mention, it's a bit difficult to eat. You have to eat around the bone and that's just way too much work for me.
Would I eat this again? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment