Friday, March 2, 2012

Thai Red Curry

I'm in a Thai phase of life right now. All I want to eat is Thai fried rice and Drunken Noodles (or more sophisticatedly known as, Pad Ki Mao.)


One thing I've never been a fan of is Thai curry. Maybe because they just paled in comparison to the noodle and rice dishes or perhaps its because they were never quite "just right" for me. But, now I'm crazy for them!


Especially red curry. The benefit of making red curry at home is that I can customize the ingredients that go into the curry and make it just to my liking. My cousin has been making a lot of red curry lately (sometimes with shrimp, sometimes with chicken, sometimes with everything) and each time it's been delicious.


Here's a quick and easy recipe for Vegetarian Thai Red Curry. Beware: There aren't a lot of measurements for this--a lot of this is "to taste."


INGREDIENTS

Thai Red Curry Sauce (purchased from your local Asian supermarket)

Basil

Mushrooms

Eggplants

Baby Corn


Directions

Slice and half-pan-fry eggplants, mushroom and baby corn. Set aside. Heat up the thai red curry sauce until it has a liquid curry-like consistency (like soup) and add basil. Add all the vegetables and cook until mushrooms and eggplants are fully cooked.


Note: The reason I didn't put any measurements is because some people like their curry more sauce and less vegetables, and others like it more vegetables less sauce (like myself).



No comments:

Post a Comment